1.2. In the case of Web offers aimed at companies or public enterprises, such companies or enterprises are represented by the user and must assume that the user has appropriate knowledge and acts accordingly.
1.3. If the User uses this The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site as business customer, i.e. that it is not acting for purposes which are outside its trade, business or profession, or as administration customer, § 312e para. 1 sentence 1 no. 1 – 3 of the German Civil Code does not apply.
2.1. This The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site contains specific information and software, as well as – as the case may be – related documentation, for viewing or downloading.
2.2. The Hermes Standard Initiative may stop the operation of the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site in full or in part at any time. Due to the nature of the internet and computer systems, The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site cannot accept any liability for the continuous availability of the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site.
3. Registration, Password
3.1. Some pages of the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site may be password protected. In the interest of safety and security of the business transactions, only registered Users may access said pages. The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site reserves the right to deny registration to any User. The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site particularly reserves the right to determine certain sites, which were previously freely accessible, subject to registration. The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site is entitled, at any time and without obligation to give reasons, to deny the User the right to access the password- protected area by blocking its User Data (as defined below), in particular if the User
– uses false data for the purpose of registration;
– violates any applicable laws in the access to or use of The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site; or
– did not use the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site for a longer period.
3.2. For registration the User shall give accurate information and, where such information changes over time, update such information (to the extent possible: online) without undue delay. The User shall ensure, that its e-mail address, as supplied to The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site, at all times and an address at which the User can be contacted.
3.3. The User Data allows the User to view or change its data or, as applicable, to withdraw its consent to data processing.
3.4. The User shall ensure that User Data is not accessible by third parties and is liable for all transactions and other activities carried out under its User Data. At the end of each online session, the User shall log-off from the password protected websites. If and to the extent the User becomes aware that third parties are misusing its User Data the User shall notify The Hermes Standard Initiative Chairman thereof without undue delay in writing, or, as the case may be, by e-mail.
3.5. After receipt of the notice under paragraph 3.4, The Hermes Standard Initiative will deny access to the password-protected area under such User Data. Access by the User will only be possible again upon the User’s application to The Hermes Standard Initiative or upon new registration.
3.6. The User may at any time request termination of its registration in writing, provided that the deletion will not violate the proper performance of contractual relationships. In such event The Hermes Standard Initiative will remove all user data and other stored personally identifiable data of the User as soon as these data are no longer needed.
4. Rights of Use to Information, Software and Documentation
4.2. The Hermes Standard Initiative grants User a non-exclusive and non-transferable license, which may not be sublicensed, to use the information, software and documentation made available to the User on or via the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site to the extent agreed, or in the event of no such agreement to the extent of the purpose intended by The Hermes Standard Initiative in making same available.
4.3. Software shall be made available at no expense in object code.
4.5. The information and documentation are protected by copyright laws as well as international copyright treaties as well as other laws and conventions related to intellectual property. The User shall observe such laws and in particular shall not modify, conceal or remove any alphanumeric code, marks or copyright notices neither from the information nor from the software or documentation, or any copies thereof.
4.6. §§ 69a et seq. of the German Copyright Law shall not be affected hereby.
5. Intellectual Property
5.2. Except for the rights of use and other rights expressly granted herein, no other rights are granted to the User nor shall any obligation be implied requiring the grant of further rights. Any and all patent rights and licenses are expressly excluded.
5.3. The Hermes Standard Initiative may, without charge, use any ideas or proposals stored by a User on The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Sites for the development, improvement and sale of its products.
6. Duties of the User
6.1. In accessing or using The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site the User shall not:
– harm other persons, in particular minors, or infringe their personal rights,
– breach public morality in its manner of use,
– violate any intellectual property right or any other proprietary right,
– upload any contents containing a virus, so-called Trojan Horse, or any other program that could damage data,
– transmit, store or upload hyperlinks or contents to which the User is not entitled, in particular in cases where such hyperlinks or contents are in breach of confidentiality obligations or unlawful, or
– distribute advertising or unsolicited e-mails (so-called “spam”) or inaccurate warnings of viruses, defects or similar material and the User shall not solicit or request the participation in any lottery, snowball system, chain letter, pyramid game or similar activity.
The The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site may contain hyperlinks to the web pages of third parties. The Hermes Standard Initiative shall have no lability for the contents of such web pages and does not make representations about or endorse such web pages or their contents as its own, as The Hermes Standard Initiative does not control the information on such web pages and is not responsible for the contents and information given thereon. The use of such web pages shall be at the sole risk of the User.
8. Liability for defects of title or quality
Insofar as any information, software or documentation is made available at no cost, any liability for defects as to quality or title of the information, software and documentation especially in relation to the correctness or absence of defects or the absence of claims or third party rights or in relation to completeness and/or fitness for purpose are excluded except for cases involving willful misconduct or fraud.
9. Other Liability, Viruses
9.2. Although The Hermes Standard Initiative makes every endeavor to keep the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site free from viruses, The Hermes Standard Initiative cannot make any guarantee that it is virus-free. The User shall, for its own protection, take the necessary steps to ensure appropriate security measures and shall utilize a virus scanner before downloading any information, software or documentation.
9.3. §§ 9.1 and 9.2 do not intend nor imply any changes to the burden of proof to the User’s disadvantage.
10. Compliance with Export Control Regulations
10.1. If the User transfers information, software and documentation provided by The Hermes Standard Initiative to a third party, the User shall comply with all applicable national and international (re-) export control regulations. In any event of such transfer the User shall comply with the (re-) export control regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany, of the European Union and of the United States of America.
10.2. Prior to any such transfer to a third party the User shall in particular check and guarantee by appropriate measures that:
– there will be no infringement of an embargo imposed by the European Union, by the United States of America and/ or by the United Nations by such transfer or by provision of other economic resources in connection with information, software and documentation provided by The Hermes Standard Initiative, also considering the limitations of domestic business and prohibitions of by-passing those embargos,
– such information, software and documentation provided by The Hermes Standard Initiative are not intended for use in connection with armaments, nuclear technology or weapons, if and to the extent such use is subject to prohibition or authorization, unless required authorization is provided,
– the regulations of all applicable Sanctioned Party Lists of the European Union and the United States of America concerning the trading with entities, persons and organizations listed therein are considered.
11. Data Privacy Protection
12. Supplementary Agreements, Place of Jurisdiction, Applicable Law
12.1. Any supplementary agreement requires the write form.
12.2. The place of jurisdiction shall be Munich if the Use is a merchant in terms of the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch).
12.3. The individual pages of the The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site are operated and administered by The Hermes Standard Initiative and/or its affiliates. The pages comply with the law applicable in the country where the responsible company has its business residence. The Hermes Standard Initiative makes no representation that information, software and/or documentation on The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site are appropriate or available for viewing or downloading at locations outside such country. If Users access The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site from outside such country, they are exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. Access to The Hermes Standard Initiative Web Site’s information, software and/or documentation from countries where such content is unlawful, is prohibited. In this case and where User seeks to do business with The Hermes Standard Initiative, the User should contact the The Hermes Standard Initiative Chairman und representative for the particular country for country specific business.